Following the huge success of our seminars around the UK, Doug and the School for Startups team are taking their nationwide tour to Cambridge. A must-attend event for any budding entrepreneur, “Start Here! Starting and Growing a Successful Business” is hosted personally by Doug Richard and is the cornerstone of the School for Startups curriculum.
The University of Cambridge is delighted to be hosting the Doug Richard’s School for Start-ups, which comes at a time of heightened interest in entrepreneurship and self-employment for both students and graduates. The University of Cambridge has a thriving enterprise community, Cambridge University Entrepreneurs (CUE) are the oldest university enterprise society in the UK and run one of the most successful student-lead business creation competitions in the world. Collectively, CUE alumni companies have gone on to secure over £33 million pounds of investment.
At “Start Here! Starting & Growing a Successful Business You Will Learn:
- The key questions every entrepreneur must be able to answer before starting or growing a business
- How to write the perfect business model
- How to identify your product and your market
- How to start an affordable marketing campaign to increase your sales leads
- How to treat the recession as an opportunity, rather than a threat
- How to make money and secure investment
- 5 hours of business tuition with one of the UK’s leading entrepreneurs
- Access to online resources and materials, including membership of VentureNavigator
- Accreditation as a Graduate of School for Startups (web-badge)
- Free refreshments throughout the day
- Student & Staff Discounts – students & staff using discount codes must show their ID at registration, failure to do so will result in non entry to the event.
- Online bookings policy – We only accept online bookings with a credit or debit card. Unfortunately we do not issue invoices for future payment or allow attendees to pay on the day. Anyone who has not paid for their ticket in full before the event will not be granted access.
- Refunds and changes to ticket details policy – Unfortunately we cannot offer refunds or change the name on the booking once tickets have been booked.
Who Should Attend
- Anyone with an idea for a business
- Owners of small businesses that want to grow
- Students interested in starting a business
- Registrations Starts: 13:00hrs
- Event Starts: 14:00hrs
- In conjunction with The University of Cambridge & Cambridge University Entrepreneurs (CUE)
For more information see our full Terms and Conditions
We are confident that you will be completely satisfied by this event. If you are not completely satisfied with the event, we will issue a 100% refund, no questions asked. Requests for refunds must be made via email within 24hrs of the event taking place.