Every owner of a commercial website, whether ad supported or selling products and services, soon becomes a devotee of Google Analytics. This powerful set of tools lets you to monitor your website’s traffic. It can instantly tell you how many visitors have come to your site, what pages they viewed, what keywords they followed, what sites referred them and a lot more. With this information, you can refine and optimise your pages to increase the number of visitors you are getting, the number of pages they visit, and the length of their stay. This usually results in an increase in the potential to earn revenue.
Because Google Analytics is such a useful tool, webmasters end up checking their site stats several times a day. It becomes a form of electronic heroin, where an inability to get site stats for more than eight hours causes intense withdrawal symptoms ranging from high anxiety to extreme irritation.
Cracklytics is an application that feeds the addiction and runs on your iPhone. Currently it’s the fastest most easiest Google Analytics app available. It lets you view the most commonly accessed stats for your website, including Visits, Bounce Rate, Page Views and Page Visits. Additionally, it lets you see how these stats vary by time of day.
To use Cracklytics, you will need your site connected to Google Analytics. Here is a brief overview of how to do this and get Cracklytics running on your iPhone:
- Go to www.google.com/analytics.
- Create an account if you don’t have one.
- Click Add New Account.
- Specify the name of the website you want Google to monitor.
- Provide additional information as required.
- When you get the Google Analytics Tracking code, insert it into all the pages of your website. The easiest way to do this is to put it into a “footer” that gets automatically appended to every page as it loads. If you use a CMS like WordPress or Joomla incorporating the analytics code is easy.
- You should subsequently be able to check the status of your site at any time by logging into Google Analytics.
- To use Cracklytics simply log into the AppStore with your iPhone. Download and install the application.
- Modify its settings to point to your Google Analytics account.
- Whenever you launch the application on your iPhone you will immediately see the stats for your site.
To sell products and services on the Internet you must master the art of “inbound” marketing. This means you must put your products and services where people can find them. It may be that people who buy your patented dog washing soap search for “Dog Groomer” first. It may be that they search for “Dirty Dog” first. It may be that they come to you through ads you post on PerfectPetsForever.com. Using Google Analytics you can find out, for sure, what keywords work, what websites work, what makes visitors stick around and what makes them fly away.
Using Cracklytics, you can monitor the ebb and flow of your site statistics over the course of a day or month, without the hassle of logging in on your laptop. If you’re like most website owners, you’ll find the constant feed an addictive comfort.